- February 27, 1929 – Program – 17th Annual Meeting of the New York State Forestry Association –
Morning Session 10 A.M. Education Building (Annual Election; Annual Reports of Committees; Annual Report of Secretary; Business; Appointments of Committees; Discussion)
Afternoon Session 2 P.M. Education Building (Speakers: Hon. Ellis W. Bentley, State Senator; George W. Knox, Corporation Council; Russell Suter, Executive Engineer, Department of Waterways; ; Dean Franklin Moon, N.Y. State College of Forestry; Prof. Ralph S. Hosmer, Department of Forestry, Cornell Univ.; William G. Howard, Supt. State Forests; Jay F. Hoover , Pres. N.Y. Conservation Association; Mrs. W. L. Lawton, N.Y. Federation of Women’s Clubs; Thomas C. Luther, leading individual tree planter; H. L. McIntyre, Conservation Dept.; One City Forester; One Member each of Conservation Committee of Senate and Assembly.
Governor Franklin D. Roosevelt. The Governor has invited the Association to come to the Executive Chambers where he will address us. We will adjourn for a half hour and cross the street to the capitol to hear the Governor’s address.
(Each speaker in the P.M. session (except the Governor) will be limited to 15 minutes, open discussion to follow each subject presented)
Evening Session. Dewitt Clinton Hotel, 7 P.M. Informal Dinner.
- John D. Clarke, Congressman, Sponsor of Clarke-McNary Forestry Law, Toastmaster
- Alexander MacDonald, Conservation Commissioner
- Harris A. Reynolds, Secy. Massachusetts Forestry Association, on Town Forests
- Matt H. Hoover, Secy., N.Y. Conservation Assn., on cooperation of private organizations with government in conservation
- Henry A. Vruwink, on the American Indian
Report of the Resolutions Committee
This convention combines the Annual Meeting of the New York State Forestry Association and the mid-winter meeting of the City and First Class Village officials, Mayors, City Foresters, and others; and representatives will be in attendance from every organization in the State with which the Forestry Association is in any way affiliated.
This is a very tentative program for purposes of immediate information. Practically every speaker listed has accepted our invitation but the final program may indicate some slight changes in arrangement.